Harry Potter: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Set in 2018, the 3 Wizarding schools Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, & Durmstrang face a new threat: Augustus Rookwood Jr. son of the last Death Eater Augustus Rookwood.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Staff Team
Ariel, Site Creator

--------------------
Daniella,Head Admin
--------------------
Jules, Head Admin

---------------------
Kris, Moderator

News/Weather
Month
September, 2018

Events
It's the start of the first term and the warm weather is slowly fading into chilly Autumn breezes. Students are advised to begin collecting their supplies and prepare for their first, or next, year at Hogwarts, Durmstrang, or Beauxbatons.

I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhydian Maddox
Hufflepuff First Year
Rhydian Maddox

I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin] Empty
PostSubject: I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin]   I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin] Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:52 pm

The boy panted as he ran towards the greenhouses. Maybe it hadn't been such a good idea to bombard the kissing couple with stink bombs. It had seemed like one at the time! That was before he had to run for his life and before he realized how far the greenhouses were! He felt the stitch in his side but kept dunning. "Woah!"

Rhydian nearly ate dirt as he tried to change direction quickly. His sneakers skidded in the dirt and he had to scramble to keep upright. Seeing an open door he went for it. Shutting it, he turned his back and slumped against it. Chest heaving, the eleven year old let out a shaky laugh before clapping his hand over his mouth. Blue eyes wide, he darted his gaze about to see if he was heard.

Slowly, he pushed off the door and wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans. Thank goodness for weekends! No stiff formal shoes and uniform! Actually looking about at his surroundings the boy got a sense of foreboding. This was one of the greenhouses reserved for the older students. Maybe he shouldn't be here... His natural curiosity won out over his common sense. That happened a lot. Which had him finding himself in many spots of trouble and adventures sneaking up on him. Coupled with his really bad sense of direction and he was doomed.

Blinking as he saw one plant, Rhydian just had to get closer. It was blue. Like electric blue with red veins. That was just not normal. And was that...what was that near the roots?! Glancing around again to check if the coast was clear, Rhydian shuffled closer. Reaching out a hand he just touched the leaf, wondering at the velvet texture when some sort of flower bud began to open. His 'you stepped in it now!' sense was clamoring wildly. His mind came up with all kinds of scenarios that had him frozen with fearfilled eyes.

A sound startled him into yelling and dropping to the floor just as a noxious looking mist sprayed from the flower. Looking at who had inadvertently saved him through his arms, gave a heartfelt, "Thank you!"

Last edited by Rhydian Maddox on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Austin Tyler
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Austin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin]   I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin] Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 am

Austin enjoyed hanging out in the herbalogy greenhouses. Mainly the ones for older students as hardly any of them came here. He hung out here and tended to the ones for the fifth years up. Even grew some of his own herbs here secretly. He heard running through buildings and ignored it. Wearing just native american pants and nothing else, he hummed a bit as he cleared weeds out of the various plants and places that they had sprung up in those on the ground not in pots.

He heard the door open and stood up. Sniffing around and wondered at the scent. he recognized it from the other day in one of his classes. Stretching out he sniffed again. Uh...that wasn't good. He took off with inhuman speed through the greenhouse and saw the boy playing with a plant. He smelled the odor before it even let it loose. Running over he wrapped his arms around the boy and jerked them both backwards. Thrusting himself with the younger, and much lighter, boy of his house backwards. They crashed to the floor out of the range of the mist from the flower.

Phew...that had been close. He let go of the boy and rolled to sitting beside him. "Phew...that was close." He said with a chuckle. Looking at the guy and turned tense. Annoyance would have flown through if he hadn't gathered it was a thank you. "Yeah. Sure. Whatever. Let go now kid." He said with a chuckle not entirely comfortable. Patting his back. "You're welcome. You're in the Hufflepuff house aren't you? You shouldn't go around touching plants. Especially not ones in the older years greenhouses." He said. Looking down at the kid. "If you're curious or hiding out I'm cool with that. Were you the cause of the chaos outside earlier?" He asked with a smirk.

Still tense as he did not like uninitiated touches but he'd let it slide as kid was new and if he caused that issue outside he rather liked his style. That and he wasn't wearing a shirt and his well defined abdomins and ever subtle curvature was much more noticable up close and hugged onto. Running a hand through his hair.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Maddox
Hufflepuff First Year
Rhydian Maddox

PostSubject: Re: I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin]   I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin] Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Letting go as if he had been electrocuted, Rhydian gave a sheepish smile at Austin. He was really happy it was him and not some other student that would have let him get melted by a spitting plant! Nodding his head he said, "Yup!" with pride, chest puffed up, until he realized that the other boy didn't remember him. But who would remember a kid from Charms class? Shrugging he gave a slight huff.

"But, it was asking to be touched!" he defended himself. Bright colors attracted attention. And well, it made him want to touch and look just like a magpie. Giving the boy a slightly suspicious look he couldn't hold it long before he was blurting out, "Yes! I had to. They really shouldn't be kissing where anyone could so something like pelt them with stink bombs."

Shaking his head as he stood up and wiped his hands on his jeans, Rhydian stuck them in the pockets to try and resist touching something else. He frowned briefly. "They really run fast!"

Eyeing Austin he wondered, "What are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin]   I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin] Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I'll never look at plants the same! [Austin]
Page 1 of 1